Monday, July 16, 2012

Mid-century Milestone


Well, it is obvious by the dating of these posts I have not created anything in over a month.  Actually, nearly two.    It it always the time of year when one has children that are still somewhat under your control and you under theirs, the year is packed with non-stop "things" to do.  This post is not about this.  No, the subject gives me material and the excuse to sit, type and try to make this worth my time to compose.   I really should be tidying the house and pack before we venture to the eastern portion of this land of the United States.  We will head out  early to trek  on our visit my to my in- laws in Connecticut , brother in Vermont and get in a few college tours  at Cornell and Brown for Erica while Adam is tortured while enduring the "same stuff" these colleges have to tell us.
 Yes, it is my very own mid-century milestone, also known as my 50th birthday, that gives subject and rise to this post.  It did not hit me until this morning as I made my delicious, bold roast, pour over cup of coffee:  I am fifty.  Sure, I had been expecting it for some time, but the thought did not hit until then.  Even when a few of my yogini friends took me out for brunch after class a few days ago and asked me "SO, how does it feel to be turning 50?"  And I said, "Well, 40 seemed more milestone building than this".  I had to give them some sort of answer, for I was not even thinking about it.  Until I watched the water flow through the aromatic grind of the beans as it seeped into the white cup below.
Now, you may think this mid-century milestone is all of a sudden causing some flotsam for my psyche and its residents known to fire uncountable numbers of neurons in between all the synapses the experts say I have.  No.  No flotsam here.  Just the occasion to sit, type and mark this mid-century milestone on this neglected blog.
Here is to the next half of my mid-century.  May it be as uneventful as the first half, causing me no flotsam, only treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment